Thursday, April 5, 2007

Flashback Beijing!!!


Our visit to the Forbidden City.

I have been making Guy take pictures of the "faces in China"--could possibly be someone with two girls--who knows!

Our rickshaw driver!



We visited a local family--this is the husband Mr. Lu. He is famous for raising fighting crickets in Beijing. This is a sport--in years past people would gamble on the cricket fight--now it is illegal (however in some places it still might be happening.) He showed us a grasshopper which are raised specifically to hear their song kind of like song birds.

Soldier on the Tian'an men Square

Tian'an men Square

Another face of China

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to get in contact with you all over email. My husband and I went to Minier Assembly and moved away shortly after you came there...probably within a few weeks. We are now back in Minier. I saw in my nephew's school paper that you guys were adopting from China. I looked on Rumor Queen tonight and found your site. The funny thing is I had already seen your blog a dozen times, but never put two and two together as to whose site it was. BTW, what would we adoptive parents do without Rumor Queen??? Anyway...we are 8 months post-LID as of 4/2. We're in for the LOOONG haul!!
Congratulations on Autumn. She's adorable!