Friday, April 13, 2007

Autumn's Fan Club and Birds of a Feather!!

We went to a place called "White Cloud Mountain" today--or rather I should say I walked (Kathleen) up a mountain 1.5 miles carrying Autumn in the carrier. Guy walked carrying the backpack which weighs as much as Autumn. It was very beautiful--however, there was some fog so you couldn't see the city too good. Autumn caught the attention of lots of Chinese people during our walk--when our group stopped for a break the people would almost mob us wanting to talk and touch the babies. I imagine and hope that they are so happy that these precious babies are getting a chance to have a good life. Many of the shopkeepers around here say how lucky she is--we respond with "WE are the lucky ones."






We went to a restaurant that served Cantonese cuisine--our guide who is Cantonese told us that the Chinese have a saying that "the Cantonese will eat anything that flies but an airplane and anything with four legs but a chair." Guy and a couple of the guys from our group decided to try roast baby pigeon. It wasn't too bad--I had a small bite. When you first walk in the place they have everything in buckets--beetles, snake, toads, silkworms, aquariums with fish, and dead pigeons hanging on hooks waiting to be ordered and cooked. Very interesting to say the least!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I don't think that I could eat the pigeon after seeing it hanging up. I'm glad that you all got to do some sightseeing while you were there. I'm sure that you are ready to get home.
Love, Chris and boys